“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
— Martin Luther King Jr.

An Effective Criminal Defense Attorney

My name is Timera C. Drake, and I work hard to get favorable outcomes for individuals charged with crimes. First, I will work with you to determine if there is a path to the dismissal of your case. If a dismissal isn’t an option, then we can work together to find ways to minimize the consequences of a conviction. That could include pleading to a lesser charge or minimizing the severity and conditions of the conviction.

Alcohol-Related Charges

Charges involving alcohol include the following:

  • Driving under the influence (DUI) and actual physical control
  • Actual physical control
  • IID violations
  • Washington State Department of Licensing (DOL) license suspensions

DUI is often charged as a misdemeanor, but it can also be charged as a felony.

A DUI or actual physical control conviction can impact your future employment, result in a long-term license suspension or jail time, and cost you thousands of dollars. Additionally, an alcohol-related conviction can create even more legal problems for you if you are caught driving with a suspended license or don’t have a required ignition interlock device (IID) installed in your car.

At Drake Law Offices, PLLC, I can help you navigate the license suspensions and conditions imposed by the court, and I can even assist you in minimizing the consequences of a DUI charge or any other alcohol-related charge.

Domestic Violence Charges

Charges concerning domestic violence are as follows:

  • Assault 4 DV (A4-DV) – felony or misdemeanor
  • Stalking in violation of an order
  • Assault 2-DV (strangulation)
  • Assault 3-DV (substantial bodily harm with a weapon)
  • Violation of a no contact order (NCO) or protection order

Almost any criminal charge can be tagged as a domestic violence offense if it is committed against a household or family member or a current or former intimate partner.

If you are charged with assault 4 domestic violence (A4-DV), an NCO is issued to protect the party whom the court feels is in danger. If you violate the order (VNCO) while your case is pending, then you will face possible penalties as severe as those for the original assault charge. Furthermore, a conviction for A4-DV can impact your ability to find and qualify for employment, housing and public benefits programs.

While A4-DV is generally charged as a misdemeanor, it can also be charged as a felony if you have a certain history of domestic violence crimes. If it’s charged as a felony, the maximum penalty is five years in prison.

I can help you avoid the worst of the consequences you might face if you’re charged with a domestic violence crime.

Theft (Other Than A Firearm Or Vehicle)

Third-degree theft is also known as misdemeanor “shoplifting” and is charged when the total value of the property stolen is $749 or less.

Second-degree theft is a felony charge when the total value of the property stolen is $750 to $5,000. If you’re convicted, the maximum punishment is five years in prison.

First-degree theft is a felony charge when the total value of the property stolen is more than $5,000, and, if you’re convicted, the maximum penalty is 10 years in prison.

Theft is known as a “crime of dishonesty,” and a conviction can impact your ability to work in certain jobs, especially those that involve handling money. I will work with you and the prosecutor to negotiate the best solution possible to try to avoid disqualifying you from certain jobs.

Drug Charges

Drug charges include possession, sales, and distribution of an illegal drug. Illegal drugs are cocaine, heroin, or other drugs completely prohibited by law. Other illegal drugs are drugs that are legal with a doctor’s prescription, but a person possesses them or uses them without a prescription. If you are facing drug charges, I can work with you to get the best possible outcome for your drug charge and minimize any conditions and the time the prosecutor or court may want to impose those conditions.

Other Crimes

Other criminal charges include:

  • Second-degree burglary
  • Vehicle theft
  • Possession of stolen vehicle
  • Residential burglary
  • Robbery

If you are charged with second-degree burglary or residential burglary, vehicle theft or possession of stolen vehicle, or robbery, then you are facing up to 10 years in jail and a $20,000 fine. These are Class-B felonies.


It is imperative that you retain the services of a knowledgeable lawyer who can defend you with passion and dedication.

Vacating Criminal Convictions

Types of convictions you may be able to vacate include:

  • Past misdemeanor convictions
  • Past felony convictions
  • Drug convictions

Under certain circumstances, you can vacate one or more of your past criminal convictions. If a conviction is vacated, you don’t have to disclose it in the information you supply for a background check, and you don’t have to self-report it on a job or housing application. I can evaluate your past criminal history with you and tell you if any of your convictions qualify, walk you through the process of vacating those convictions and represent you in court to increase your chances of success.

Legal Financial Obligations

Financial penalties include the following:

  • Traffic fines
  • Court fines
  • Court costs
  • Mandatory conviction fees
  • Other case-related costs

If you’ve been convicted of one or more crimes, then the chances are that the court also imposed a financial penalty. You may face a fine, court costs or mandatory conviction fees, among other penalties. These can run into the thousands of dollars, especially if you were convicted of DUI. I can file the pleadings and represent you at the hearing so that your chances of having your fines reduced or eliminated are increased.

Find An Effective Criminal Defense Today

If you’re being charged for a crime such as DUI and need help today, then I can be the attorney who will guide you through the legal process. To learn more about how I can help, call me today at 425-504-7346 or use my online contact form to schedule a free consultation.