“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”
— Martin Luther King Jr.

Let Me Help You With Your Family Law Case

Did you and your spouse split up amicably, and you need someone who can get you through the paperwork and the hearings quickly and without trouble? My name is Timera C. Drake. I can help you prepare and file all the paperwork, and I can appear in front of a judge with you so that your divorce is finalized quickly. If you just need to update your custody agreement or need a lawyer to represent you at a “contempt of court” hearing, then I can also represent you on a limited basis and get you through that hearing.

Often, clients don’t need “the whole enchilada,” which is (at the very least) a divorce, parenting plan and child support order. If you weren’t married but have a child together, then you need a solid and fair parenting plan for that child as well as a child support order. If you need help with a single hearing, like a contempt hearing, a change of the parenting plan or a change in child support, then I can help you fill out the paperwork and represent you at the hearing for an extra fee. If a parent is moving with your children, then I can help you fight for your parenting rights under the Washington Child Relocation Law.

Unbundled Family Law Services

My unbundled family law services at Drake Law Offices, PLLC, are as follows:

  • Divorce, with or without children
  • You decided to divorce – what now?
  • Divorce is the second most traumatic loss one can suffer. Death is the first.

Divorce is a life-changing experience, and it can leave you hurt, confused, sad and upset. Maybe you married with the intent to stay together “until death do you part.” Maybe you imagined growing old together. Maybe you envisioned big family holidays in your golden years, surrounded by your children and grandchildren. Those dreams have all been extinguished with just four words: “I want a divorce.”

Now you need a knowledgeable and compassionate attorney who can help shield you from the pain of ending your relationship and help you make important decisions involving your property, children and future financial obligations.

I will listen to the result you want and do everything I can to make it possible.

Adoption Services

Adoption lawyers are a subset of family law attorneys. They handle the legal aspects of adoption. You are not legally required to hire an adoption attorney. However, the legal process for adoption can be extremely complicated, so adoption experts nearly always recommend hiring an adoption lawyer.

An adoption attorney can help you with the following:

  • Filing the adoption petition with the court
  • Preparing all the necessary forms, consents, releases, decrees and finalization documents for a legal adoption
  • Handling legal paperwork with social workers
  • Getting a court date
  • Working with legal representatives of biological or prospective adoptive parents
  • Interfacing with adoption agencies
  • Coordinating home studies and placement reports
  • Representation in court hearings
  • Budgeting assistance
  • Counseling and options if complications arise

Learn More Today And Schedule A Consultation

Want to learn more about how I can help you with your family law matter? Then schedule a consultation today by calling me at 425-504-7346 or using my online contact form.